22 March 2015

Indonesia 2015

Hello! Halo! Bonjour!


How's everyone going? I'm sorry that I haven't been posting or telling you in details of what I was doing on the last couple of  months and that it has been taking me too long to finish this blog (there was some technical issues, but it's fixed now :D). But! If you're already following me on Instagram, then you should have a tiny bit of an idea of what's going on.

This blog post will basically be about the traditional foods and drinks. If you're already thinking 'Urgh... that sounds boring'. Well keep reading until the end I dare you! and see if some of the stuff actually surprise you or not. If not, well then I'm sorry, but what can I do?
As I already said on the title, I went back to visit my home country Indonesia. What part of Indonesia you may ask? Well have a guess, but it's not Bali :P

It's Jakartaaa! I was raised up in Jakarta, big city if you compare it to the place I'm living in now. I haven't been back - until then - since I got to Australia, which was probably about 3 years ago. I was really glad though that I went back! It brought back so many childhood memories!

FOOD WISE 
(I hope I won't make you hungry :p)
Indonesia has lots of variety of traditional foods and I will show you some of them down below:




Soto Betawi
The place where you can find this food almost everywhere is Jakarta. You can find Soto Betawi in side street food carts or food courts in malls, restaurants or even hotels and etc. I think I bought mine from a little food courts in a mall called Ambassador (located in South Jakarta). It was so delicious!
Roti Bakar (Keju dan Mesis)
Translation: Toast with cheese and chocolate sprinkle.
If you have sweet tooth, then this will be your food! This is such a sweet type of food, it has what we call Mesis, which is kind of like a sprinkle and this one is a chocolate one, cheese which are pretty sweet (I know right... It's a bit weird) last thing, condensed milk as another topping too.
I'm pretty sure you can find this food in most places. I got this one from a little side street food carts.


Mie Ayam Bangka
Translation: Bangka (name of a place) chicken noodle.
A bit later in the morning, my auntie and I just drove to another side street food cart and had this for breakfast. When I was little, I used to do that too with my grandma and grandpa and then later on, we used to go shopping to some malls. Blessed times. It makes me want to cry of happiness remembering those moments.





Bubur Ayam
Translation: (DELICIOUS) chicken porridge. ;)
This was the first food that I bought when I first got to Indonesia from a little side street food cart in a place called Tebet Barat (still in Jakarta BTW). This food is usually a breakfast meal, but you can have it anytime you like too. You can find Bubur Ayam basically anywhere, even hotels have them. So, if you're planning on going to Indonesia and want to try some of the traditional food, then this will be one of the food that I recommend you to try. Because it's so Indonesia, it's delicious and it's easy to find. Oh plus, it's not expensive at all which is always a bonus!




DRINKS WISE
Sorry that I haven't got much for drinks, it's because there were too many of them and some of them were just too delicious that I forgot to take pictures... :/ Whoops! My bad, sorry guys! But I'll take it as a lesson so then I wouldn't forget next time!



Teh Tarik
This is just basically a tea with milk. But! The way the mix them together is very interesting, it's like how those professionals bartenders make drinks. This drink can be serve hot or cold. But I would prefer cold, because Indonesia has a hot weather, so cold drinks preferably would be the best!
I'm pretty sure you can find Teh Tarik in most restaurants (or maybe not). Well I don't know,because this is kind of a new drink to me too. :P



Es Cendol
Ahhh! One of my favorite drink ever in the world! The deliciousness of this drink is well beyond what words can explain! It's just so good!
It's made of rice flour mixed together with coconut milk, sugar palm and shaved ice.
Doesn't it sound wow-ing already?! Again, if you ever go to Indonesia, you MUST try this drink! I think you can find it in most restaurants and sometimes there's even a side street food cart for it. So worth a try!!!







So, this will be the end of the blog-post. I really hope you like it!! If you have any questions about any of the foods or drinks, please leave a comment below!

Thank you everyone for reading! Until next time! :)

Da dah! See you soon! A bientot!



All photos are by me unless stated. Please don't just steal them without crediting me or the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment